Saturday, August 15, 2009

Post 2/2 final summer post

My dear friend Tammy got married today. For her wedding I gave her a poster-sized drawing for herself and each of her three children. Here is the process sketch I did thinking about Elizabeth's mermaid (see earlier post):
The sketch I did for Tammy's drawing (based on a bunch of thumbnails that I drew and the advice of friends):
And the final for Tammy, which was drawn completely ignoring the previous sketches:
I have been told their flipper-arms are creepy. I don't know why, but I like them and use them often... If they're creepy I should probably stop, I was actually more concerned that people would think I was being lazy, avoiding drawing the hands, but it's attached to a way I used to draw cute little animals with these triangle limbs... which does sound kind of creepy when I say it like that, but it's not really... anyway, I guess I shouldn't apply it to humans any more, but it's a little late to change on this piece.
Love and coffee,
~Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment