Friday, September 18, 2009

Ill II

Remember when I posted the final version of my car illustration? Yeeeah. Thiel hated it. He made really vague suggestions about what I should do to improve it that I could not for the life of me decipher. Eli cleared them up a little. I was going to start over and all told I think I should have because Thiel didn't like the new final any better than the first version I made. Here are the three versions I brought to critique:
Through much discussion I eventuallyfigured out why these aren't any good at all. It has to do with the fact that I was not willing to draw the car in the way I usually would if I were planning to put down a drawing for watercolor because cars are supposed to be a certain way, they're shiny and sleek and I was afraid that the way I draw might make the car look jaggey... so basically, if I had just gone with what I do and drawn the car the way I would draw a person I probably would have been okay. I didn't, it's not.

Love and coffee,
~Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment