Monday, July 5, 2010

The end of the school year 3/4: Installation part 2

My first attempt at setting up this piece was a disaster, it was a windy morning and by the time I got the class there to look at it it was just a bunch of cigarette butts scattered in the courtyard. This time I soaked them in a bucket of water all night so they would not blow away but even still the piece had to be smaller than I had intended because halfway through the bucket the butts I had put down first were drying out and starting to blow away. Even still I'm happy with the piece. It was actually rather pretty while it was set up. Maybe next time I shall soak them in oil...

Love and coffee,

No comments:

Post a Comment